Blades for Hire!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Azerothian Inland Mercenaries official forum for commanders in need of skilled fighters!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ganthos the blackjack returns! ...as a worn-out relic.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ganthos
Scurvy Dog

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Ganthos the blackjack returns! ...as a worn-out relic. Empty
PostSubject: Ganthos the blackjack returns! ...as a worn-out relic.   Ganthos the blackjack returns! ...as a worn-out relic. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 11:05 am

Here's a guild application, with an IC part and an OOC part, as well as the standard template at the bottom, if you feel like skipping this minor novel.

IC;
Greetin's, me lads'.

I be Ganthos "Blackjack" Grimbeard, and I sailed this ocean of forum posts a while ago.
I previously mentioned I'd be joining the pirate court with me own crew, though the lot
committed mutiny while I were away (aka had trouble with my connection for 3 days).

Now I have been able to return from me island vacation (Aka, my connection's now working
from our cabin, so I can fry my brain during my vacation as well!) an' is interested in raidin'
an' groulin' again. Though I am a worn-out dwarf, and won't be able to start another crew
fer' quite a while. With this said, I, a seasoned dwarf who've seen quite alot, quite everywhere,
now whish to join the ranks of the privateers' so that I can once again stand together with
other scurvy lads' and commit sem' piracy.

OOC;
I think you should remember me from before, though if you don't, go look me up!
I had a pirate guild of my own, which I took over after their old leader acted like... Well, not quite alright.
Yet, about half of the members swiftly abandoned us before I could do anything serious, and the rest where
of the type who wanted to "fight" and "party" all the time, instead of roleplaying actual pirates, never wanitng
to leave the ship and participate in an event longer than 7 minutes. No fun. I would gather another crew, though
I'm just too worn out to establish somehting new. Thus, I'd like to apply to the privateers, and thus be able
to do sem' arrpee, without having to do all the extra work which comes with establishing a new guild, and finding
decent members.

A warning though, I got a minor touch of hybris, this mostly because I'm so used to organising and leading things
I'm nowadays almost unable to sink below a certain level, yet I would be able to do somehting like that if necessary.
(Meaning altough I could be put to better use than just acting as a deckhand, I'd accept any role given to me.)

I can contribute with my talent concerning organising, a great interest for pirate roleplay, a rather large amount of
Dinarii (The roleplaying currency on the alliance side, which I believe you've heard of, at least.) and some influence
on the Stormwind Council (As I have another character with some insight in council buisness, meaning I can manipulate
it to a certain degree. I might not be able to influence the councillors' directly, though I'll be able to spy on them, get some
classified information and steer them down the wrong road during decisions and investigations, hrm hrm.)

With that said, here comes the formal... form.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Guild for which you apply: Salty Tide Privateers

*Faction: Alliance

*Character name: Ganthos / Rp-name Ganthos "the Blackjack" Grimbeard

*Character level: 14, altough I plan on dragging him to atleast 40 in not too long.

*Alt or main: EĆ³nar, lvl 80 Draenei Death Knight

*Race: Dwarf

*Class: Warrior

*Why you want to join us: Said in the OOC part, though I'm longing for pirate rp, and since my old crew
abandoned me, this is the best place to turn, aye?

*Char history: To take the short version, a young dwarf being tutored in brewing get's dragged away a cold night in a small
port town being the predecessor to what later became Menethil, forced to slave as a deckhand on a ship belonging to a bunch of
freelance pirates. A fellow captive, an old pirate, teaches him how to survive out on the sea, and some piratey ways. The ship later
attempts to take down a ship which they mistake for being a freighter, due to a layer of mist over the sea. The freighter is actually
a ship belonging to a friend of the old pirate captive, and the freelancers' are beaten. The old pirate is recognised by the captain, and
thus gets released, and asks for Ganthos to be released as well. The captain grants the old man his whish, and Ganthos is later dropped of
at a port and makes his way home to dwarven lands.

Ganthos returns to the life of a brewer, yet his mind rests uneasy, his nose missing the scent of the salty sea. He decides to return to the
life of piracy, yet this time as a crewmate instead of a captive. Serving many years among fellow pirates, he eventually takes command of
his own crew, now being old and quite wiser than when he where first taken away.

And later, the bastards abandoned him because of his internet connection crashing down for a period of three friggin' days. As you might
notice, I'm still working on this part <-<

Roleplay experience: Major. Alot. Huge. Been roleplaying since 2005, and played on Scarshield since 2006. Played a major part in numerous
roleplaying guilds and events.

Notes: Nothing I haven't covered yet. Or well, perhaps I should mention my hybris again? Bah, I'll try to suppress it should you deem it necessary
for me to take on a "minor" role.

You like rum:
IC'ly: Aye, me lad, t'be a fine brew indeed. I make me own, when I have time. Fine stuff, never during my travels have I found a more pleasant
brew! Even so, there's one thing better than rum. It be drinkin' rum with yer piratey mates!
OOC'ly: Nay, considering I'm a minor, yet I don't think of myself as one, since I'm acting quite maturely, I stay away from such drinks. Atleast for now.

* - indicates which things need to be filled.
Back to top Go down
Caliph Jahraka
Mercenary Captain
Mercenary Captain
Caliph Jahraka

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Ganthos the blackjack returns! ...as a worn-out relic.   Ganthos the blackjack returns! ...as a worn-out relic. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 12:42 pm

Welcome again in here, its sad to hear your pirate crew did mutiny (especially for a internet connecstion Sad ) , in fact we was wondering what happened and why you wasn't around in here as we really hoped to attract more role players.

However I liked your application and from my side (cause yes I feel that my voice matters something as well Smile ) your in. There is something we need to mention that currently some members are in summer vacation drinking their drink (rum?) on the beach instead of their ship in game so there is a bit of stand by phase. If this doesnt scare you away I think its more then good you turned here since future events in bigger numbers are again planned.

In fact reading your whole post I imagine yourself as someone who likes to create RP as well, am I right? If this is so I would love to cooperate with you in all ways to bring more pirate RP into both factions, I myself will come back in a few weeks (hopefully earlier) after a several month exam break.

If this is the case of you wanting to create, participate (and get up in ranks?) then it would be a pleasure to cooperate with you, I imagine it also very interesting if we could colaborate a SSD article for this dwarfen pirate, but this we talk further till then feel free to post and contribute to this forum Smile
Back to top Go down
https://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com
Ganthos
Scurvy Dog

PostSubject: Re: Ganthos the blackjack returns! ...as a worn-out relic.   Ganthos the blackjack returns! ...as a worn-out relic. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 2:18 pm

Ah, everybody needs vacation, eh?

Thank you for your reply, and I'm glad to see that at least one pirate lord find me to be a decent matey.
And you are indeed correct, I find great pleasure in planning events of my own, even though I don't always
put 'em all in motion. In fact, I'd say it's at east as fun to plan an event and put it in motion as to participate
in one.

It would be great to get a bunch o' jolly scallywags' with which I could plan raids and various events, and your
impression of me being a person who enjoy to create and bring arrpee to people is indeed correct.

I also got some juicy ideas' that are rather unique, or rather, the possibilities I have are much larger than others
who would attempt similar things. My insight in the council, and my stash of Dinarii, would enable me to perform
things such as carefully planning the kidnapping of a councillor or his advisor, and the planting of my, aka our
interests within the council. Bribing and deceiving can get one far, and corruption can be found even within the council.

As an example, one councillor's already been unseated, and one was recently accused of numerous crimes, although
is now reinstated.

And another thing. I will not give out the name of my alts, as I always count in the possibility that someone with a higher
rank within the hierarchy of Stormwind, perhaps even a councillor, would be informed and much'd be lost.
This though, creates quite some mystery for both sides, considering that neither side knows where the information comes
from. But rest assured, I have no intentions of spreading any information about the Pirate Council, except perhaps a
well-placed rumour here and some false plots there.

Looking forward to our... cooperation, at least, hrm hrm.

Last edited by Ganthos on Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited for typo.)
Back to top Go down
Caliph Jahraka
Mercenary Captain
Mercenary Captain
Caliph Jahraka

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Ganthos the blackjack returns! ...as a worn-out relic.   Ganthos the blackjack returns! ...as a worn-out relic. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 2:27 pm

I would love to hear your events ideas, please post them in the suggestion forum and we might discuss how we can cooperate, help you organize and participate in them Smile
Back to top Go down
https://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com
Ganthos
Scurvy Dog

PostSubject: Re: Ganthos the blackjack returns! ...as a worn-out relic.   Ganthos the blackjack returns! ...as a worn-out relic. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 2:32 pm

Pirate Lord Shadowtroll wrote:
I would love to hear your events ideas, please post them in the suggestion forum and we might discuss how we can cooperate, help you organize and participate in them Smile

Aye, I'll do that, a quick compilation of various events with short descriptions, spiced up with some fresh ideas. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ganthos the blackjack returns! ...as a worn-out relic.   Ganthos the blackjack returns! ...as a worn-out relic. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ganthos the blackjack returns! ...as a worn-out relic.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blades for Hire! :: General :: Recruitment!-
Jump to: