Blades for Hire!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Azerothian Inland Mercenaries official forum for commanders in need of skilled fighters!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OOC for IC! Proper emote lessons!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Caliph Jahraka
Mercenary Captain
Mercenary Captain
Caliph Jahraka

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2008-10-22

OOC for IC! Proper emote lessons! Empty
PostSubject: OOC for IC! Proper emote lessons!   OOC for IC! Proper emote lessons! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 4:03 am

Yes its something which I recommend to be read by everyone from the guild so we can keep a high quality RP status and make it bit more interesting Smile

Since our RP style is considered mostly hostile and we RP (mostly) with our own faction we need to use various emotes. Now how we do that without PRPing (power role playing) or using god emotes. Just a little warning before you start reading further , to this guide will mostly good RPers react and thats why you will need to handle the other RPers who are just too imba to let their chars take any damage.

So what here is needed some patience and you will soon find out that it can be a lot of fun as well once you found good RPers around you.

Proper emoting:

As you guys know we can use various emotes to express our characters more complex feelings and actions though the /e system.

Now there are some simple rules for this, we have countless situations where we need to threat, abduct , torture and sometimes IC kill some char. Of course very few people let there chars get somehow damaged considering they are the greatest and strongest.

For example :

((We try to abduct a char, we outnumber him/her and we know he/she is a good RPer who can properly work out such situations, now the key is to keep it realistic and logical))

Victim: Leave me alone you bastards!
Pirate X: Dont struggle or ye get hurt!
((Now well to make it a bit more short, after a lil talk we could get to business, as I mentioned before keep it realistic so having the victim surrounded will make escape plans harder))

Pirate Y: Now you come with us!
/e tries to grab Victim and make him stand still.

((Using simple tries or attempts before a emote where we act with the Victim gives him options to react))

Victim: Get of me!
/e struggles managing to escape the Pirate's grab.

((Thats one way to handle it if hes not agreeing to get captured, that doesnt mean hes not realistic, a little fight is normal and after a RP duel for example he would act more into following Pirate Y))

Victim: NO...please leave me alone!
/e struggles but is obviously too weak to fight.

((This is a example for him reacting properly on a proper emote Smile From now on we can continue but again considering and keeping in mind how to do it))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a short description how to handle various situations properly without getting into silly god emotes from both sides and yells of all sorts and a OOC flame on whisp or forums later.

Now take in consideration as well that IF YOU are in such a situation you have to react the same logical and realistic way! Outnumbered and surrounded? They try to hurt you? Stay realistic but look out for the chances where you can escape of course.

RP is about fun and never forget this, many people RP their characters invincible and not touch able because of game mechanics. Dont take such people serious because they normally insult you just IC and walk after you making you loosing your patience.

Anyway I will keep on talking in guild char about these issues and I hope we can raise our RP level (if there exists something like this) that way.

Thanks for reading ConGratz Shadow Smile
Back to top Go down
https://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com
Captain Solanar
Skirmisher
Skirmisher
Captain Solanar

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: OOC for IC! Proper emote lessons!   OOC for IC! Proper emote lessons! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 2:09 pm

There is a lot of good points there and I would just like to add a few more myself Smile. Remember always to have patience with the people you are emoting with as we all know sometimes there are those days when you keyboard fails and you can not type properly, you should also give them time to think how to reply to what emote you are doing as this make the quality of the RPing much better.

Sometimes people will emote things that are unreasonable or just plain stupid. It may not be there fault and they may no be trying to PRP or god RP so before you yell OMG PRP!!! stop and speak to them out of character or OOC. This can be done by simply sending them a whisper with your text in brackets for example ((hey there can we try summit else)). The brackets let them know you are not IC but make sure its a whisper so it does not spoil the RP. This can help a lot when you are struggling with what to do with somebody, some people might think it could be unreasonable to torture them so ask them in a OOC whisper first just to make sure or maybe if you can figure out a better way that would please everyone.

A little off topic but oh well hope this helps Smile

Last edited by Captain Solanar on Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rignor
Scurvy Dog
Rignor

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Proper emotes   OOC for IC! Proper emote lessons! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 4:44 am

Good point there, Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Scarlet
Infantry
Infantry

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: OOC for IC! Proper emote lessons!   OOC for IC! Proper emote lessons! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 3:48 pm

You make a strong blow against god-modding ignorance here, jolly good show!

EDIT: And if they dont listen even then, just say 'Kek' and walk off ignoring them Wink A bad RPer is as lowly as an OOCtard ^^
Back to top Go down
Caliph Jahraka
Mercenary Captain
Mercenary Captain
Caliph Jahraka

PostSubject: Re: OOC for IC! Proper emote lessons!   OOC for IC! Proper emote lessons! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 2:15 am

Elisse wrote:
You make a strong blow against god-modding ignorance here, jolly good show!

EDIT: And if they dont listen even then, just say 'Kek' and walk off ignoring them Wink A bad RPer is as lowly as an OOCtard ^^

Haha I know what you mean Razz Anyway the idea is just that WE dont get a name as god emoters. (which is almost impossible since we dont have such members) But still trying to prevent it Razz
Back to top Go down
anyana
Infantry
Infantry

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: OOC for IC! Proper emote lessons!   OOC for IC! Proper emote lessons! I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 4:35 pm

Rather experienced with certain aspects of RP, but highly inexperienced with dealing with conflicts I know a god emote is in a small typing...

For instance an event, of wich the stormwind militia (alliance guild) had to take admiral Nec to the stockades. The idea of the event was really cool, but both sides did parts of the "we own you" RP.

Both sides thought they should win: the instructions for us said: release him, their instructions said: take him there safely. From this point of view people are more likely to do this "power" stuff, or not giving in on the good emotes *my druid wanted to trow them offboard, realisticly. They fully ignored the emote (and it wasnt a god emote)*
A few more of these ignore emotes went there. And a couple of other emotes got ignored.

In the end, I got pissed about the ignoring thing and did a hugely god emote *trow's everyone away and quiqly grabs the admiral and runs*.

At the time, when pissed and not thiking clearly... When Nec told me to do such a thing, I did not at all think of it as a god emote (the way I did it that is, I know Nec implemented me to just do a last attamt, mayby failing). When I got it, it was already too late and the /raid chat was filled with the "OMG god emote!" stuff.

Now why am I saying this? And why am I admitting that I can be a bad RP'er at time Razz?
I want to prevent this!

- Clear instructions: If you want to raid a ship, plan this on forehand and make youre members know how to do it. Ignorence leads to chaos, chaos leads to bad RP... Sad

- When briefing, perhaps add that you are not by forehand supposed to win! (most people might already know this, but actually telling people they should not play god's and that it's not really NEEDED at all couse to win might solve and prevent a lot of god emotes! *It would have helped me atleast...*)

- Inform the other faction: When they see you on a ship OOC' ly, they could think its IC' ly, leading to a part of chaos. ((The crew still thinking of how to take over the ship, got caught and had to act from a narrow position as the militiants kept us IC, preventing us to leave (or we had to just ignore them, wich is bad RP))

- Never only ignore after a godemote: If people place a god emote, they might not even notice it! Whispering them and pointing them they did it, will make them atleast learn from their fault!

These mainly are just Things to watch on for events, and they might not all be needed. Especialy not when playing with your own factions, but when dealing with others there nice to have clear for both faction's members.

P.S. :: Dont see me as a bad RP' er now, I am not *so people say...*. But as pointed out, a cat being pushed in a narrow situation makes funny (or just annoying) jumps...
Back to top Go down
Caliph Jahraka
Mercenary Captain
Mercenary Captain
Caliph Jahraka

PostSubject: Re: OOC for IC! Proper emote lessons!   OOC for IC! Proper emote lessons! I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 4:52 am

Quote :
- Clear instructions: If you want to raid a ship, plan this on forehand and make youre members know how to do it. Ignorence leads to chaos, chaos leads to bad RP... Sad

Quoted for truth.

Quote :
P.S. :: Dont see me as a bad RP' er now, I am not *so people say...*. But as pointed out, a cat being pushed in a narrow situation makes funny (or just annoying) jumps...

I dont, I see what your point is and I fully agree about this. Smile
Back to top Go down
Captain Solanar
Skirmisher
Skirmisher
Captain Solanar

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: OOC for IC! Proper emote lessons!   OOC for IC! Proper emote lessons! I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 5:28 am

Haha that was a good event shame I could not here the OOC moaning Sad

I was dead for most of it as it seemed a race who could kill Solanar first!
Back to top Go down
anyana
Infantry
Infantry

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: OOC for IC! Proper emote lessons!   OOC for IC! Proper emote lessons! I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 8:35 am

One of the problems of horde RP/alliance RP is indeed that alliance will attack horde and otherwise. Than again communication might lead to solving most of this problem. (although I can imagine Nec/shadowtroll not always telling it, it ruins the surprise... Razz

the thing of :"do not call em a bad RP' er" Was mostly becoused I godemoted out of frustration.

anyway..

LOK'TAR! cyclops
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC for IC! Proper emote lessons!   OOC for IC! Proper emote lessons! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OOC for IC! Proper emote lessons!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blades for Hire! :: Lore and usefull tips! :: Lore and how to deal with it!-
Jump to: